Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Slip Slidin' Away...

Not Meagan. Dr. Kaplan. I would never tell her this. He plays a valuable role for her beyond physician. And I could be wrong; it's just a hunch. But I'm a pretty good judge of human behavior. He appears to me to be more and more disinterested in Meagan. He's not abandoning her - but I believe he sees that the end is neigh, there is nothing more he can do treatment-wise (he said to me this morning, 'let's let the neurosurgeon and radiation oncologist work it out") and all that is left for him to do is provide palliative measures (basically pain meds). I think it's just human nature. And while he cares about her and will care for her at a basic level - since he's got nothing substantive left he can do for her - he's not going to give her full attention and the level of care we've seen in the past. Natural, normal, but another sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment