Tuesday, October 11, 2011

"What am I trying to say?"

My success at dealing with this question varies. I get it more and more often due to her mental state. Yesterday, Kaplan echoed my thoughts that her fogginess, memory issues and cognition state is really related to the brain radiation and not so much the anti-seizure meds and steroids, as those ongoing doses haven't changed in a long time and yet she has clearly has had some further impairment.

So when she asks this question I am willing to help her sort it out - but I usually need a hint or two. It's especially tough when she hasn't even started to try - because I have no idea what the topic is. It's not that she doesn't know what she wants to say, because she is quick to point out when I'm off base. It is more like when she had her stroke, she can't generate the thought but could always get the multiple choice answer correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment