Monday, October 31, 2011

"Honey, I've loved you every step along the way"

she said this to me earlier today, in a moment of lucidity, although I know she didn't mean it 100%. I mean, I have been a pain in the ass at times, so there were a few steps that more likely ranged from "strong like" to "neutral" than love.

We did get a chance to talk this morning, around 7am. She was alert and thinking and it was the first time I could tell her what happened and what the story was, and what to expect. She knows she's in tough shape. I did tell her I did not think she would die this time, here in the hospital, that this was an episode from which she'd emerge. But that given where it is and how it has presented that while we could buy some time, we wouldn't beat it. So she gets it. And that's when we exchanged some lovely sentiments.

I also told her that it must be difficult seeing two of me...

No comments:

Post a Comment