Sunday, April 24, 2011

She's Home!

Meagan is happy being home. She got to kiss the dogs, although they nearly knocked her over (well, one did). She walked in her lovely garden on Casey's arm. Had a long talk with Casey. Ate high sodium Chinese food. I can't say our first night home was restful for me, but perhaps she will have a different take. She has to take pills at 9pm, midnight, 6am, 9am, noon and 6pm. So I have multiple alarms set. We also aren't letting her walk anywhere unaided, she's too unsteady and isn't used to her visual field deficit yet. So there was a 3am bathroom run. Bobbie Baker had a brilliant idea to get a baby monitor so when I am up and she wakes up she can call me and I can help her up and out of bed. We tested it at 6:15 this morning and it worked perfectly although scared the heck out of me as I was drinking my coffee. But she's back in bed and hopefully will sleep until 9am. It is a very unnerving experience to be in such a quiet environment after nearly two weeks of noise. Today will be a day of calm, and adjusting to her surroundings. We did have railings installed on the front porch steps, and I hope to get her out and down the block at some point today. But overall a smooth transition, she's happy to be home, in her own bed and chair, and with two of her men and dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment