Saturday, November 12, 2011

Altered Reality

There has been a significant shift in her personality and outlook. I'm not sure what's driving it - the medications or the cancer of the brain. She's been on all these meds before without effect so my guess is the cancer. All joking aside it started before the medical cannabis and she's had none today, as her pain and nausea are under control thanks to the bumped dose of steroids and new anti-nausea meds. 

She talks about random things, can't carry a conversation, thinks other people are in room or substitutes others for you. Pretty much living in a different world or reality. She's comfortable and happy. But mentally she is somewhere else. 

It's hard for the boys and me. She is really not there. I'm glad I have help starting tomorrow. I'll have an aide here from 10-4 each day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment